Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds.
1. I did a good amount of shopping at Target over this past month, so when I woke up and saw the news, I was all-WTF!!! Nice way to start the holidays.
2. Over the last week and a half, we have had 4 winter storms. 4! There have been snow days and delayed openings galore. My son’s school actually called a “at home school day”, where from 10-3, the teacher posted work online and the kids did it and submitted it. That wasn’t so bad.
But seriously, the wrapping needed to be done. Remember I told you I am the sole holiday worker in this household?
3. I have been in such an awesome groove reading wise lately! I actually read a book (Reconstructing Amelia) in less than 11 hours yesterday. I simply could not put it down, ignoring all others until I finished. (Please, at 13 and 15, they were thrilled). I can’t wait to review it, but I need to give myself a few days. It made such an impression, that I kept having dreams about it last night!
4. Last week, I was dreading getting back out on the slopes- well, I did it!
This is what I looked like- yeah right.
No broken bones or anything though, but now hubby is trying to convince me I can move onto the next level slopes. I don’t think so.
5. I hate it when you think you are totally done with the shopping for gifts, only to realize after you have wrapped, that you forgot something. Guess I am hitting Marshall’s tomorrow.
6. Getting very excited for the holidays! We have a pretty cool tradition. We stay home on Christmas Eve, decorate our tree, and have a fancy dinner. This year my daughter insisted on lamb chops. Then we exchange one gift, usually a jokey gift, then watch Scrooged in front of the fire. Do you have any fun holiday traditions?
Please leave a comment- I love hearing from you!