Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds.
1. I did a good amount of shopping at Target over this past month, so when I woke up and saw the news, I was all-WTF!!! Nice way to start the holidays.
2. Over the last week and a half, we have had 4 winter storms. 4! There have been snow days and delayed openings galore. My son’s school actually called a “at home school day”, where from 10-3, the teacher posted work online and the kids did it and submitted it. That wasn’t so bad.
But seriously, the wrapping needed to be done. Remember I told you I am the sole holiday worker in this household?
3. I have been in such an awesome groove reading wise lately! I actually read a book (Reconstructing Amelia) in less than 11 hours yesterday. I simply could not put it down, ignoring all others until I finished. (Please, at 13 and 15, they were thrilled). I can’t wait to review it, but I need to give myself a few days. It made such an impression, that I kept having dreams about it last night!
4. Last week, I was dreading getting back out on the slopes- well, I did it!
This is what I looked like- yeah right.
No broken bones or anything though, but now hubby is trying to convince me I can move onto the next level slopes. I don’t think so.
5. I hate it when you think you are totally done with the shopping for gifts, only to realize after you have wrapped, that you forgot something. Guess I am hitting Marshall’s tomorrow.
6. Getting very excited for the holidays! We have a pretty cool tradition. We stay home on Christmas Eve, decorate our tree, and have a fancy dinner. This year my daughter insisted on lamb chops. Then we exchange one gift, usually a jokey gift, then watch Scrooged in front of the fire. Do you have any fun holiday traditions?
Please leave a comment- I love hearing from you!
Great post! I agree with everything (except I was a little disappointed in the ending of Amelia). From one sole holiday worker to another: I am also hitting Marshalls tomorrow because, as usual, I forgot people. And I also like to stick to the greens, and “light” blue runs. Why risk it? The point is to ski all day to earn that huge drink when you’re done. Have a wonderful holiday. I enjoy your blog!
I am not a beer drinker, but a nice cold one tastes amazing when you get into the lodge.
Thanks so much!
1. I was not impressed with the Target thing either. It’s my one stop shop for everything I can’t get online.
2. Haven’t the storms been something!! Our schools stayed in session this past Tuesday, driving home after pick up was horrific, the roads had not been treated at all. And school from home sounds like a great idea, way to not use up all the snow days before winter has really started.
5. I’m doing my wrapping on Saturday night while hubs is at his Office Christmas party. No interruptions should be wonderful. But I always have this worry that I bought one kid more than the other. I’ve tried to keep a list this year as I’ve been buying along with where they are hidden so that I don’t forget to wrap them and put them by the tree. Oh the joys of kiddies still “believing” 🙂
6. No crazy traditions here. Hubs DVR’d Scrooged the other day when he found out that I had never seen it…whoops. So maybe we will watch that on Christmas Eve too.
I still do the same thing with the kids, even though they are older. There is always that worry over whether one has more, and inevitably I run out to get something else, and it wasn’t necessary.
What happened with Target? I haven’t heard anything.
There was a breach in their security for credit card purchases made in stores-
I went to Target once in the last three weeks. My gut reaction was to cancel my card and get a new one reissued right away. And it was way easier than I thought. Was on the phone less than 10 minutes, and the nice customer service lady told me I was the first call she fielded so far about the issue. But she expected to have a busy day! The Hubs has had his identity stolen and it’s a pain in the ass to resolve. So better safe than sorry…
I actually spent an hour yesterday getting into my account online and it looks like everything is ok so far. Thankfully I used a Target card, and not my regular bank card, for the purchases.
I feel your pain – I thought I was all done with Christmas shopping but it seems like I’ve been hitting the shops every day this week at lunch to pick up last minute bits and pieces!