Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought
is a weekly men hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds.
1. I can’t read – or do anything for that matter – if it is quiet. I have music playing almost all the time, except later at night if someone puts on the TV. I usually have on some sort of singer-songwriter station, or my old stand by of DMB. Nothing too loud or annoying. I am actually loving a little playlist of DMB, James Taylor, Springsteen, and Mumford & Sons.
2. My husband is away- just for one night, but I still can’t sleep well without him here. So now I am tired, have a headache, and he is in FLA. Not fair.
3. I read this great post over at Parajunkee about a perceived slow down in the blogging community. The comments were really interesting. What do you think? I definitely have seen less reviews/more promotional posts out there.
4. It has been a busy week for me. We finally painted the dining room- a great color called “wine glass”- and it is all ready for company. So is it terrible that I love the way it looks so much that I don’t want anyone to go in there? Ever. I yell at the dogs when they go in there.
5. We are settling into the cold weather here- had snow the other day, and I even ran yesterday when the wind chill was 15 degrees. I think I was way more proud of myself for that than I should have been. Shorter Days + colder weather = more hot tea. I think I rather this equation- long days + warm weather = sangria. I love to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea, but I really love the bask in the sun, read a book, and sip a fruity cocktail.
6. I have an addictive personality. I finally gave in and read a King novel (The Shining)- loved it so much that I read the sequel (Doctor Sleep)- then was about to grab another King book. I made myself read something else- and of course I was totally disappointed. Thankfully, the book I just stared is pretty good- and fast reading. Do you get really into one author and just plow through their work?
7. On a similar topic- I hate it when I see a book that I think looks really good, only to find out it’s like the 5th in a series. I have picked up lots of books like this at the library, and of course they never have the first books in the series. I have an awful feeling that I am missing out on some great books.
8. I have two dogs- a chocolate and a yellow labrador. If you know the breed, you know they always want to eat. Always. A vet once told me that a lab would never voluntary stop eating- they are the breed most likely to eat until their stomach bursts. I can attest to this. My yellow eats everything- rocks included, but not fruit or veggies. The chocolate will eat everything- EVERYTHING- except for celery. They eat in the morning and again in the evening. I aim for 5 pm, but Jack (the chocolate) has begun begging incessantly until I feed him. His begging is starting earlier and earlier every day. He is bad. I am a bad owner.
9. I just got a notice from the library that 2 books that I requested have come in!! I put holds on We Need to Talk About Kevin and The End of The Affair– light reading? Anyway, I think I should feel more guilty than I do about not reading the ARCs I have lined up. Shouldn’t I?