Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought
is a weekly men hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds.
1. I am currently reading The End of The Affair by Graham Greene. I am actually rereading The Hunger Games series to get ready for tomorrow’s premiere, but I did start the other. Very excited about the movie- my daughter and I plan to watch the fist one tonight.
2. It is official. I have inherited the infamous “bad back” that runs in my mother’s Napolitano genes. My uncles, one aunt, and lots of cousins all have the same back issues. The lower left back has been “out” for almost a week. I am sure if I actually went to a doctor, they would tell me it is a slipped disc. I am old.
3. I just finished We Need to Talk About Kevin, and all I can say is WOW. It really was a wonderful kind of awful.
4. Every morning, my son leaves the shower curtain open, and every morning my dog goes in there and licks the soap. Not a big deal, but then he spends an hour or so making weird noises trying to lick the flavor off his tongue. Everyday.
5. I have finally given iTunes radio a try, and I am not too sure I like it yet. Does anyone use it? What are your thoughts?
6. My son is going on a class trip to Philadelphia. They are going to visit Gettysburg and the Eastern State Penitentiary- the oldest jail in the country. Think I can slip the teacher some $ to close one of those cells for a minute or two? Just kidding.
7. I have had three books sitting here, that I finished, waiting for me to write reviews. Why am I so lazy lately?
8. Can I do ALL of my Christmas shopping at Target? I think I can.
9. Thanksgiving is just a week away. We always host my husband’s family, except one year we all went to the Bahamas to celebrate the in-laws anniversary. We ate in a Chinese restaurant on Thanksgiving. Best Thanksgiving ever.