Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. Spring is here! I began running outside again (not pretty to see) and I made up a new playlist, which is pretty awesome. It includes the oldie “Bat out of Hell” by Meatloaf. As I was listening to it this morning, all I could think of was Stu Redman, from The Stand. That would be the perfect song to play, as he is leaving Boulder and Frannie on his way out west. And yes- I have too much time on my hands.
2. She Reads announced that its April Book Club selection is The Storied Life of A.J Fikry, which excited me very much. I requested it a while ago at my library, but had no luck so far, so I downloaded it from Amazon onto my iPad. Within 5 hours, I got an email from the library that it was in. Life’s a bitch.
3. BookRiot ran a great article On The Perils of Feeling Dumb While Reading. This has definitely happened to me- more than once.
4. I grabbed the first Harry Potter while I waited for above mentioned book from library. It was- so nice. I missed the whole HP world so much, it was very difficult to not immediately pick up the next (then the next) book.
5. I am SO excited to go see Cabaret at Studio 54- with Alan Cumming and Michelle Williams this SUnday afternoon. He is one of my FAV actors and I am sure he will be an amazing MC!
Here is a link to him singing Wilkommen.
I tried to put the little you tube screen, like I have seen so many savvy bloggers do- then I realized I don’t know how to do that.
6. I have been watching Glee since it started (even though this year was pretty meh). My daughter (14) was home sick, and asked if we could watch a few episodes from the beginning. Wow- this show was pretty amazing in the beginning. If you have a chance, watch some of the early episodes-though it is so sad to see Finn.
7. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon is not good for my health. I am over 40-I can’t stay up so late. But he is SO DAMN FUNNY.
8. I finished The Green Mile last week and I loved it. I am hoping to get the review posted within the week, but until then, know this- you should read it.
9. This sucks.
10. What’s going on with you?? Please leave a comment- I love hearing from you!