Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I have to take a day very soon to organize my reading. I have been a little bad in terms of buying/accepting books, even so far as to check books out of the library and then never read them. I see some shelving, a white board and dry erase markers in my future.
2. The chocolate lab just will not stop eating poop. We live on 5 acres and I am lazy, so they just get let out whenever they want to go. I have tried everything but actually walking out with him every time. I know- the answer lies within me.
3. I am having a friend’s son over for the night while they are away- any good vegetarian ideas for lunch and dinner?
4. I just read that some guy slipped into someone’s house while they were taking out the garbage and hid under the bed for three days. Three days!!! He even charged his cell phone while he was there. That scares the shit out of me. There really are monsters under the bed.
5. I started drinking my coffee black. It is pretty awesome. I definitely feel a little badass. But wow, it really sucks cold.
6. I read Circling the Sun about Beryl Markham, and now I am dying to read more things about Africa in the early 20th century. Beth Fish Reads just posted a great list of books just for that. How fortuitous!
7. I am have about ten books looming on my horizon- all very good books I am sure- but there is something about rereading favorite books in the summertime. Do any of you have favorite rereads?
8. I am making smoothies in the morning before I torture myself at the gym. I have the standard blueberry/banana one down, but I would like to change it up a bit. Any good smoothie recipes out there?
9. The heatwave we had has finally broken and people are happy again. It’s like a scene from a Disney movie with the birds chirping and the butterflies fluttering. Then-bam!- yellow lab kills one of those chirping birds and spits it out on the driveway. The rest of the birds go freaking crazy, squawking and flying all over. Now I am afraid to go out of the house again.
10. If I have to see another web article on Donald Trump I might vomit. I can’t believe John Stewart is retiring at this moment. It’s too easy! I guess I will just have to wait until Colbert comes back in September.
M.M. Kaye writes fascinating mystery novels set in colonial Kenya. I liked Death in Kenya best so far. I have West With The Night sitting on my shelf making me feel guilty because I’ve been meaning to read it for a year! But now that there’s this great novel about Beryl Markham in Circling The Sun, I have more incentive because I want to read the true book before the novel based on truth. We’ll see if that happens before summer is over. =) http://miathereader.com/review-m-m-kayes-death-kenya/
I have been ogling Circling the Sun, as I enjoyed the author’s book The Paris Wife. I do like that cover.
I love the logo at the top of your post…
That freaks me out, too, about the guy hiding under the bed for three days. Now I must look under all the beds…LOL.
Here is MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH POST
I enjoyed Circling the Sun, but I also felt that the author had failed to grasp Markham’s true character.
Argh, I’m so crazy behind blog reading. So glad you liked my Africa post.