Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I started working out with a trainer last week. I think when you hit your 40s, you go a little crazy. I am aching ALL over- can’t lift my arms more than half way. This might seriously affect my wine drinking.
2. I am going to Pittsburgh to visit my son, who is being kind enough to set aside an hour or so of his time so we can take him out to eat. Seriously, he told me he has to get back for “activities” even though it is Parent’s Weekend and we are driving 6 hours each way. This might make him leaving for college next summer a little easier for me.
3. I read Circling The Sun by Paula McCain in one day, and I didn’t realize it was based on a real woman until I read the epilogue.
4. I have Go Set A Watchman sitting on my kitchen counter. I am reluctant to read it for a few reasons, not the least being I really don’t believe Harper Lee actually wanted it ever published. I also don’t like the idea of losing faith in Atticus. Sort of like finding out Harry Potter turned to the Dark Arts after a mid life crisis.
5. I had a bear in the yard. Now every time I drive up the driveway, I am afraid.
7. I hate that Goodreads doesn’t count my endless rereads in my reading challenge. Why does it NOT count when I reread The Hunger Games for the 8th time, just because it was there???
8. I started some tomato plants from seed back in April. I had to repot them 3 times, and now they are taller than me. The kicker? I forget what kind of tomatoes they are supposed to be.
9. We watch The Brink with Tim Robbins and Jack Black- it was AWESOME! Can’t wait for more episodes.
10. Any suggestions on things to do in Pittsburgh? Since I will have so much time on my hands?