Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought
is a weekly men hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds.
1. Hello! I feel like I have been away from blogging for a while now. We hosted Thanksgiving here and all went well (it’s over!) This is probably the 10th time we have hosted in the past 12 years, and I think I need next year off. Everything went fine, but it is a lot of work. Plus, the 3 year old nephew made it necessary to replace 4- count em,4- tablecloths. Why did it seem like a good idea to a. give the kid glass after glass of cider? and b. to encourage the game of “throw the stuffed animals at people”? Moving forward, I think I would like to be skiing next year-Lake Placid, maybe?
2. I just finished The Dinner by Herman Koch. Have any of you read this? What did you think? I am going to write a review, but I gotta say, I felt awful after I read it. Like I needed to shower. I am actually sorry that I read it, which is very unlike me.
3. This is me every night.
Actually, it used to be. Now that I have a nice little reading chair, the dog comes up and puts his head on my leg. And stares.
4. Do you have little kids? I miss having little ones around this time of year SO much! The wonder and excitement was so much fun! I taped A Charlie Brown Christmas, and we still haven’t watched it because the kids have too much HW at night. My daughter is very excited for Christmas, helping with the lights, etc. But I miss the days when she would scream her head off if she came anywhere near Santa. Yup, she was THAT kid.
5. I know this isn’t really in keeping with the spirit of the season, but it’s true.
6. I am writing this when I should be starting baking my eggnog cookies. I am going to a “Cookie Exchange”. Ever heard of it? You all bring cookies, then you get to go home with a little of each kind. I have only two problems with this.
1. I have to bake 6 DOZEN freaking cookies.
2. What if other people’s cookies suck?
There had better be wine.
7. I am so looking forward to it getting cold and snowy soon. When it is cold and snowy I can sit whit a blanket and read and not feel like I should be doing other things.
All right, fine, I have to go and bake damn it!
Leave a comment- I love to hear from you!