Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
- My daughter is taking part in a French Immersion program, so we are getting set to host our french student- who it turns out is a boy. He comes to stay with us on Sunday and will be here 2 weeks. Now I have to figure out what to do with him. Suggestions??
2. I am rereading The Hot Zone by Richard Preston for our upcoming school bookclub hosted by a science teacher! I am so excited!!
3. I can’t get my husband to read, but he will listen to audio books. I got him The Shining, because though I love the movie, the book is SO much better. So that’s why Jack starts going crazy? Yessss! Bonus- I am listening to it also!
4. I had to give up my office for the french boy, so I have my computer jammed not a small writing desk, with the keyboard and mouse in a small snack table. Like I needed another excuse to not work and just go watch The Office instead?
5. I am backing up on reviews. What’s your opinion of mini reviews? Good or bad?
6. I just finished The Swans of Fifth Avenue in 1 day. I kept stopping to google all of theses fabulous people I had never heard of.
7. The leaves are changing and the days are getting cooler and shorter. I love winter, but it can seem so long.
Tell me- what have you beed reading lately? I need some good suggestions!