Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. Did you ever have “that” kind of a day- where everything is BLAH? I am having one. My solution- I am going to the library.
2. Does anyone have the Kindle Unlimited? I am tempted-but-Is it worth it? I figure I impulse buy at least $10 worth every month any way.
3. I started reading The Martian yesterday- I am only 5% in-my question is- Does it get good? I am up to the part where he is figuring out how to make water. My eyes are glazing over like they did back in high school during Chem class. I hated Chem. I actually hated Walter White BEFORE he started making the meth.
4. I am listening to The Illiad narrated by Matthew Crawley (Dan Stevens), the new Beast. I love him, but am not sure his proper, clipped British accents gels with the rough and tumble Agamemnon and Achilles.
5. Speaking of the Beast, did you see the complete cast for the upcoming live Beauty and the Beast? It is AWESOME! Click here. Be my guest.
6. Last night my father in law came over and I made a nice big dinner- sauce with meatballs and sausage, manicotti, Italian bread, and salad, with cheesecake for dessert. I had a meatball. :-((
7. I went to my first high school track meet this week. My son decided to give it a try this year to keep in shape. He is doing hurdles and high jump.
That was two hours of my life I will never get back.
8. We are shipping up to Boston (aahhhh) to visit some colleges. I am very excited- to not make beds for a day or so.
Off to the library to feel better!