Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I have been totally absent from blogging for 2 weeks (actually for over a month now) and I am sorry. I have been busy, but I mostly blame laziness. I am hoping that the warmer weather will inspire me to clamp down and get motivated!
2. I am starting to stress a little about the whole college thing with my 16 year old son. Why? Because he is totally disengaged!! He is an extremely smart kid, but he really wants nothing to do with starting the whole process. I can’t believe it.
3. With all the stress, I decided I needed to get myself back to exercising. I went for my first real run in almost 6 months, and finally went back to yoga today. I was getting relaxed, until some woman decided to start making what I can only call sounds of “interns pleasure”. At first, I laughed. Then, I was a little jealous.
4. I felt like I was in a reading drought, after it took me so long to reread The Stand, I am cruising now! Among other books I have read these past two weeks, I finished The Little Paris Bookshop and The Magician’s Lie- both were so awesome! Now if only I can make myself sit down and write reviews. I blame Trivia Crack to be honest.
5. I have to take my son to the ENT for chronic nosebleeds and clogged ears. Maybe when he is fixed he will be excited about our upcoming trip to visit schools in Boston. Or I can leave him there. In Boston.
6. I have a Book Club meeting at the high school next week. The teacher picked a book I haven’t read and do not plan to- Alice Paul: Claiming Power. My library doesn’t have it, and its over $15 for the kindle. Not gonna do it. Has anyone read it? Share some key points?
7. I am in need of some good recommendations for audiobooks for my husband. He finally finished The Stand, and I want to keep him going. HELP!!
8. Since he is reading audiobooks and I like to also, I was considering joining Audible. $22 for two books a month sounded pretty good. Any opinions? I am not sure if it is worth it, but my library has an astoundingly bad selection of audiobooks, so I need to do something.
Hope to be posting much more next week!