Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I have been away from my blog for a while now, though I did manage to schedule a handful of posts while I was away.
2. My kids had two weeks of spring break- and it was awesome. I think I might be suffering what my daughter called PDSD-Post Disney Sadness Disorder. If I am totally honest, I wasn’t looking forward to our 5 day Disney trip, especially since we were skiing before it, which doesn’t put you in the 90 degree frame of mind. I had to dig through all of my clothes to find summer things.
But we had such an amazing time!
3. My favorite ride was the Rock n Roller Coaster. Least favorite- It’s a Small World. My daughter wanted to go on since she had never been. Now she knows why she has never been. I though the boat wasn’t going to stop, and I seriously considered jumping in the water.
4. Favorite non park activity- reading The Stand by the pool while drinking a pina colada. Don’t be jealous- I am home again and I have to live in New Jersey. Spring here sucks.
5. Best meal- at Monsieur Paul in France/Epcot. And Vincent the waiter was awesome (and very handsome).
6. We usually like to go during Food and Wine fest in October-can you guess why?, but the kids can’t get out of school, so we went in March. They have the Flower Show in March, and we were like- meh. WRONG! There are all these amazing topiaries throughout Epcot, AND they have these great outdoor kitchen stands that sell all food, beer, and wine from different places. The Florida stand had an amazing ceviche.
And now onto Non Disney things-
7. I was rereading The Stand the entire spring break. It’s a long book, but I wasn’t that motivated. But I LOVE being able to talk to my husband about a book!
8. Since I finished that, I have been whipping though new books! I read The Bookseller and Inside the O’Briens in a day each. They were both amazing!
9. I have been enjoying being away from the blog, and am dragging my feet on writing any reviews- I have about 4 that I still need to crank out, but I might wait till next week. There is enough in life to stress about, I won’t stress about this.
10. We have two dogs- Katie is a 12 year old yellow Lab and Jack is a 6 year old chocolate Lab. We have been going back and forth for about a month whether we want to add another puppy. My cousin just informed me that she will be fostering a 7 week old black lab next week. Is this Karma? Or am I entirely crazy??
I’m glad to hear you liked, “Inside the O’Briens”; I’m really looking forward to that one!
PDSD is a very familiar feeling for me unfortunately! 🙂 I haven’t made it to Disney World yet though, but I do plan to go someday! I’m glad you had such a great time and got to see some new things. It’s A Small World isn’t that bad is it? 😀 I wonder if it’s longer in Disney World than in Disneyland. It’s the kind of ride you just have to let take over you. LOL They don’t have the Rock n Roller Coaster in Disneyland I don’t think (unless it’s another name) so I look forward to trying that when I go there eventually!
I’MMM SOOOO JEALOUSSSSS I WANT TO GO BACK TO DISNEY WORLD. I’m such a kid on the inside.I’m glad you had such an amazing time, though! I also have about 4 reviews I need to write >.< Been in a bit of a review-writing-slump. Also, GET THE PUPPEH! ;D
I’m heading to Universal Orlando when my son gets out of school in early June (he’s all about Harry Potter world!), but I hope to squeeze in some Disney too. Sounds like you had a great trip! I’ve been wanting to re-read The Stand… maybe I should bring it along on my vacation. 🙂