Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I am TOO excited by the news that Harper Lee “found” the sequel for To Kill A Mockingbird! I pre-ordered it. Didn’t you always wonder what kind of woman Scout grew up to be?
But I am not too sure about the title-Go Set A Watchman?
2. My son is taking his required 6 hour driving lessons this weekend. I am a little scared. Can I still by a car that doesn’t have a navigation system? Or maybe one without a radio at all? I better go buy lots of bubble wrap!
3. I almost laughed myself to death when I read this-
A little boy in Texas was suspended for making “terroristic threats” because he brought in a replica of The One Ring and told a classmate he was going to make him disappear.
I loved Book Riots take on it-” Looking at the facts of this case, I think the school authorities did the right thing. In fact, I think they might have let Steward Junior off light. The only thing that stopped this kid from carrying out his kiddie-sized terrorist plot was a lack of understanding about how to properly use The One Ring. Putting it on someone’s head won’t work. You have to put it on their finger, duh. Just think if Steward had succeeded. The poor victim could have been permanently traumatized from all that evil Sauron mojo that screws with the mind of anyone wearing the ring.”
4. Ok- measles outbreak? Can I get this shit?
5. I have a real reading problem. Whenever I read a Stephen King novel, I want to keep reading King! I read Needful Things last week-it was good, not great, but then I immediately started looking for another King novel. So I picked up The Dead Zone-LOVED it! And then stared looking again. I had to force myself to pick up an ARC that has been sitting there giving me the stink eye. Help!
6. We have had a few storms (and a few no shows-hello Blizzard of 2015) Every time I see snow in the forecast, I make sure I have: 1- soup ingredients, 2- wine and 3- books. Seriously, I ran errands the other day right before it snowed- the wine store and the library. I have issues.
7. My husband and I have been invited to a wine tasting at the home of one of his work colleagues. I have never met any of these people and I am wondering what I should wear? Keeping in mind I have been acting like a hibernating bear these past two weeks, I can’t even imagine getting dressed up.
8. We had friends over to watch the Super Bowl, and while I love football, I really love watching the commercials. The Fiat one was awesome, but I want to know- where can I find that farmer from the Budweiser puppy commercial?
My snowbound hibernating brain doesn’t have anymore thoughts today!