Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I watched the new show Empire. I know I am dating myself, but did it remind anyone else of Dynasty? Cookie is the new Alexa Carrington!!
2. I saw this on Shelf Awareness’s FB page-and swooned. I loved this book-and Hugh Jackman.
3. I have been in a little bit of a slump with the ARCs I have been reading. Not really enjoying all that many-until this week. I read Unbecoming by Rebecca Sherm in one day and I loved it! I can’t wait to write the review. Have you read any amazing books for review lately?
4. I booked a trip for my family over the kids’ spring break. My 16 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter wanted to go to-Disneyworld. With a side trip to Universal for some HP fun. While I am excited about going to HP world for the 1st time, I thought-Really? Disney again? But then I realized this might be the last time for a good long while, so if they want to go-ok. I can’t believe how much they love going to Epcot and walking around the different countries.
5. I am reading Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald- is it me or is this his BEST novel?
6. Looking forward to getting some skiing in this weekend! If it has to be cold, then I want to at least be able to ski.
7. I love my gym (as much as anyone can love a place you go to torture yourself). It has great treadmills I use during the winter, fun spin classes, and an awesome hot yoga class. I HATE going to the gym in January. Everyone with a New Year resolution to lose weight is there. Good word- get off my freakin treadmill!
8. Another thing I hate about the gym- the yummy mummies. I saw a woman yesterday on the machines “working out” with about 5 other women. Forget that they were working out there jaws about 100x more than anything else. One woman had full make up on-fully done up- a beautiful top bun, and sunglasses on top of her head- working out? My age- not some 20 something home from college. Really?
I guess I don’t actually love the gym- so scratch that.
9. I actually succeeded in my Goodreads challenge for 2014 and read 100 books. I was so happy. I upped it to a whopping 115 this year. I should have made it 200, because really, failure is failure, whether by a little or a lot.
These are all the thoughts in my head. I am off to find an empty treadmill, then to hot yoga, so I can witness how much more flexible and agile everyone else is in the class. While sweating my ass off.