Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
It has been SO long since I participated in this awesome meme hosted by Christine! I am so excited to be able to join in again!!
1. I just finished (as in an hour ago) the gargantuan Under The Dome by Stephen King- 1,072 pages long. I picked it up on Tuesday, got to about page 175 and thought about putting it down. I am so tired of reading right now, but WOW! So here are a few thoughts I have about the book.
2. Stephen King is awesome. That being said- how does he imagine ALL the characters he outs in his books? I thought The Stand was filled to the brim, but Dome might actually have more.
3. While I loved it, I did have one complaint- Jim Rennie. I know he is supposed to be the bad guy, but he was totally awful. Many of King’s “villains” have something good about them- John Torrence did love Danny, but Rennie was just bad, very bad.
4. I actually watched 2 or three episodes of the TV show last summer before I lost interest, but just from that I am thinking that the show is a bit different front the book. If any of you have seen/read both, tell me how they compare.
5. I have read the following by King- The Shining, The Stand, The Green Mile, Bag of Bones, The Long Walk, 11/22/63, Salem’s Lot, Different Seasons, Mr. Mercedes, Doctor Sleep.
What should I read next?
Was also thinking of trying Joe Hill- any recommendation?
6. I don’t know why, but these past few months I have loved my reading, but writing reviews-or actually even trying to write any posts at all, has been so daunting. Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice?
7. I can’t wait for fall sports to be over at my kids’ high school. The schedule kills me. They leave at 6:30am and get home 12 hours later- if there isn’t a game- then who knows when.
8. Just watched the last episode of How I Met Your Mother with the family- I know we are slow. Man, my kids were pissed!! I knew what was coming, but really? You spend 8 years introducing the character, only to kill her off? Not good.
9. Finished one series and started another- with hubby only-Breaking Bad. You really have to get through the first episode and push on, huh? That first one is crazy! But I am sure it gets better, right?
10. I can not wait to see Gone Girl! Probably won’t happen, since the last movie I saw was Catching Fire, but it still looks good!