Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. It was finally nice the other day, so I grabbed the book I was just starting (Blood & Beauty by Sarah Dunant) and sat outside. A few hours later I came in half way done with the book and nicely sunburned. Ouch. Now it’s cold again and I am hot.
2. I managed to finish 2 books so far this week-including the afore mentioned Blood & Beauty, which was about the Borgias. Now I want to get to the bottom of this question- were they as awful as I have always heard in history classes, or, as in the book, were they just as awful (if not slightly more so) than everyone else around during that time?
3. Can anyone recommend a place where I can get some really awesome bookmarks? I used to have so many, but those evil fairies who always come in the house and throw things out must have targeted them.
4. I read this article on Book Riot about whether you have ever read a book that haunted you, one that really stayed with you, and I got to wondering which books really stayed with me. This was a tough question for me. I think The Stand will stay with me for awhile. What about you- what book haunts you?
5. My local library is having their semi annual book sale this Saturday and I am SO excited!!!
6. I finally ran more than 5 miles this week, and of course the next day my achilles was aching. Thank god darling hubby put KT tape in my xmas stocking this year.
7. I finished the She Reads April Book Club Selection- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry and I loved it. Unfortunately, I kept having to pick it up and put it down, and it was really bothering me that I just didn’t have a chance to read for any good block of time.
8. I posted a review of a wonderful book this week that was sent to me by the author, fellow blogger Andra Watkins. She is an amazing person and a wonderful writer and you should really look for her book To Live Forever: An Afterlife Journey of Meriwether Lewis.
9. This is the first weekend since November that we don’t have something to do-yeah!! I see a lot of reading-and some playoff hockey- in my future. Let’s Go Rangers!
10. I am tired of the appearance of my blog and want to spruce it up. I am thinking of taking the plunge and actually paying $ for a new Theme. Any suggestions?