Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I finally (after three days laid low with a migraine) headed out for a run this morning. I run in a park that just happens to be right next to the library. Strangely enough, my car (all on it’s own) turned into the library before I got to the park. Three books and three miles later, I am a happy lady.
2. Tomorrow is Good Friday, and is our family’s tradition, we will be coloring eggs. Every year the kids fight more and more over who got to color the most freakin eggs. So this year, I hard boiled 60 eggs. Ha. Let’s see them fight now.
(These will be my eggs for the egg hunt.)
3. It was 80 degrees a few days ago. Then it SNOWED on Tuesday. My daffodils were little frozen balls of yellow. If we thought winter was a bitch, it looks like it’s big sister Spring is going to be just as bad.
4. I saw the trailer for Gone Girl and got the chills. I can’t wait. You can see it on Book Riot.
5. I went to see Cabaret with Alan Cumming last week and I can honestly say it was the best thing I have seen on a stage, and I was a theater major. Although Wicked is a very close 2nd, this was amazing. If any of you are planning to come to NYC for the BEA this year, these two shows are the best you can possibly do.
6. I don’t know how you read this and don’t laugh out loud. Poor bastard. Seriously, burst right out laughing. I’m most likely going to hell. Must have sucked waking up and realizing you were still alive. And his roomates said they hadn’t been doing strong enough drugs to explain why he did it.
7. I am off to continue this Glee marathon my daughter and I have been on- it is seriously cutting into my reading time, but how many times do you get to bond with your 14 year old daughter???
Wishing everyone a good holiday!
I am glad you are feeling better. I also get migraines and knowing I cannot do anything and I just have to wait in silence and darkness til it’s gone drives me mad.
I loved the trailer for Gone Girl as well. I did not know if I really liked Rosamund as Amy, but I totally apologize for even thinking that! She is amazing. As for Ben, I am already a huge fan (Argo is superb!).
the trailer is pretty spooky- can’t wait to see the “surprise” new ending!
Migraines are a bitch! I’ve suffered for years. Then found I had an underlying problem. I’m down to 1/2 a month from at least 1 a week!
And yes! The snow. I couldn’t believe the freak weather this week. So glad I hadn’t packed away winter coats.
Hopefully this week will be better!
I love the idea of this meme and may join in next week. Sometimes I just want to post what I’m thinking about. Sorry to hear about the migraine. I get them but probably not as severe — hate the drugs and feeling dopey all day though. You must live near me, our weather sounds the same. Enjoy your Easter weekend!
Anything with Alan Cumming is a good time at the theater. I love him.
I am trying to drop some pretty big hints about how muchI want to see it again.
Ugh, sorry about the migraine! That’s no fun.
Have a good time coloring eggs! I’ve never in my life colored eggs for Easter — it was one of those holiday traditions like carving pumpkins that my family never picked up.
Books and a good work out? Sounds like the perfect day to me!