Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds.
1. Sorry it has been so long since I have posted (over 2 weeks). I fell victim to a dastardly one-two punch- the evil stomach bug, followed immediately by the FLU. Yuck. I was down for the count almost a whole week, and I am still recovering. I hate being sick.
2. Seriously- ENOUGH DAMN SNOW!! It has snowed in NJ at least twice, sometimes three times a week since the middle of December. My kids are going to be in school until August! And my driveway is literally the width of my car now. My town ran out of salt last week, and we already have over a foot sitting on my deck. Now another 10-12′ is hitting us. Enough I say.
3. My 13 year old daughter is a reader, which I am hugely grateful for. I have read The Hunger Games, and Harry Potter with her and it was wonderful being able to talk to her all about them. So when she started raving about the Divergent series, and The Fault in Our Stars, I had to following along and read them as well. I loved TFIOS, and enjoyed Divergent, but what I really love is the ongoing dialogue these books allow us to have. It’s not always easy getting a teenager to talk to you- I will take any help I can get.
4. I love this-
5. Speaking of Hermione, what is your take on they whole J.K. Rowling interview where she says she thought Harry should have ended up with Hermione, and the big backlash that followed?
Part of me was all “YES”, and the other was all “leave them alone!!”. You?
6. Also on BookRiot was this awesome quiz where they give you the first line of a book, and you have to guess the book. I took it, and was NOT happy with my results.
7. So, Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. After being married 19 years, this doesn’t excite me. Last year we each got the other a bottle of wine we like, so it was pretty much like any other weekend night, no?
This year we are attending the wedding of my oldest friend, so there might be dancing involved, which will be cool. Then again, I am planning on wearing Spanx, so I guess not so cool. Oh well.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all, and I hope your not still digging out like we will be!