Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1.I was away for way too long this time! My office had been taken over by a very nice French boy for the past 3 weeks, but I have it back now. It was such a wonderful experience! I was a little surprised to learn some of the stereotypes the French have about Americans though. I hope we showed him a good time- there were big family dinners, a trips into the city to see Chicago, Rockefeller Center (and Top of the Rock), a NY Rangers hockey game, and a trip to a local farm for pumpkin and apple picking. Whew, I am exhausted.
2. I am glad to get my office back and get into a routine with my posts and my reading! I am vowing (to myself) to get a little more serious about it. That is until the holidays rear their ugly heads in a few weeks.
3. I decided it was time to start walking my chocolate lab around a lovely pond we have close to home. Jack decided it was time to remember he is a retriever, and jumped into the pond in a lame attempt to get his paws on one of the gaggle of geese that were relaxing in said pond. Jack is a jerk.
4. I love that my hubby is into Stephen King audiobooks! We are both listening to It now. The narrator is Stephen Weber, who played Jack Torrence in the TV miniseries of The Shining. He is SO awesome!!
5. I finally read Me Before You. I think I purposely put this off since it was such a big heat and everyone was talking about it. It has been sitting on my shelf for a long time, and I finally pulled it down. I will probably write a mini review in a few days, but I will say I loved it. Also- it was a hard book to put down in the middle of a chapter. I got very snappish when I had to do that.
6. My son is playing his LAST high school football game this Saturday afternoon. While I know it will be bittersweet for him, and he will miss it very much- I CANNOT wait. He hasn’t played all 4 years, but every game he did play made me die a little inside. It’s bad enough he is driving and getting ready to go to college. All the I can take. But to watch him out there playing football is more than I can stand. This Saturday, a little after 6, you might hear the biggest sigh of relief ever.
7. Speaking of going off to college, the application process is awful, but nothing compared to the time between when you submit said application, and when you finally hear back from the college. Imagine taking a pregnancy test, and having to wait 6-8 weeks for a result.
8. I am reading an ARC, and it is light, easy, and quick. I have been reading (and rereading) some tough stuff, so this is very welcome.
9. I am going to sign up later today for The Harry Potter Read Along hosted at The Estella Society. I love that it is a “Free Range” read along with flexible dates- 11/1- 1/31. SO excited!!
10. Not sure about where you are, but the weather by me has been amazing! The last few days were in the upper 60s and mid 70s, and it looks like it will continue for a few days more!
We’re enjoying the same weather! 🙂 I’m glad you finally read Me Before You. Next is After You, which I haven’t picked up yet. Kind of afraid to read the follow-up to something I loved so much.
Very funny about Jack. Great name, by the way.
Congratulations on the end of football season. Looking forward to hearing more soon. Enjoy your day.