Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
- I have been absent from this blog for over a month- and it was ok. I needed a break, was busy with driving teenagers all over this great state, and wanted to try to relax a little. I read a lot, started watching The Office- which I am surprised that I like- and did some fun family things. This is my first post back, but I have been reading tons. Now to actually write all of those posts!
I can’t help it. I am Italian and I cook.
3. I just finished rereading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, in anticipation for the next one- The Girl in the Spider Web. I want to read it, but am nervous since it is written by another author.
4. I still haven’t started Go Set A Watchman. What is the consensus out there? Is it good?
5. They say that summer is over, but when it is the first day of school, and you are sitting there watching a field hokey game in 98 degree heat, I have to disagree. September is still summer, and there should not be school.
6. My son passed his road test and is now driving. I let him drive his sister to school and sports, but am hesitant to get into the car with him myself. Does that make me a bad mother? Or just wickedly smart? Honestly, I don’t think he wants me in the car- I have been told I am not a good passenger. I just think its because I drive better than most people.
7. Love this-
8. I tried to be good. I went through my bookcases and made a huge pile of the books I have not read. I told myself that I had to read through at least 3 books before could accept a book for review, go to the library, or buy a new book. I read one book- and that was that. I have done all 3 things I said I wouldn’t do. I have no will power.
9. I am running in the Tunnel to Towers again in a few weeks. It is an amazing experience and I am excited that my daughter will be joining me. Now, if only I had actually started running again.
10. I have set my DVR to tape all new showings of Late Night with Stephen Colbert and it took all of my will power to wait for my husband. Now we will have Fallon and Colbert to watch!