Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I HAVE to read this book, simply because this baby looks just like my Jack (plus looks like a cute story).
Really how cute is that? Doesn’t my boy look just like that?
2. I am reading an ARC- and I hate it. But it is a quick read, so I figured I would just waste tonight and finish it. Has this ever happened to you? I usually DNF, but I want to push on though.
3. I am in serious need of an intervention!
I own too many book that I have not read, yet I am still going to the library at least once a week, AND accepting ARCs at least 1-2 per week. It is a sickness.
4. I live in New Jersey. As if that is not bad enough in itself, it is freezing here. I want to move so bad.
5. We went to one of my favorite places before Christmas- Lake Placid. What a great place. We skied Whiteface ( bunny slope for me), walked though the town, and just had an amazing time. The best part was the cabin we rented didn’t have a TV anywhere except for one in the basement. Lots of family together time- with 2 teens it was a challenge! I wish we could go back.
6. After Christmas, we went to ski in the Poconos. Second day in, I hit a mushy pile of snow and spun around. Or at least 3/4 of me did- one knee stayed planted. OUCH! Icepacks and wraps were needed. And wine.
7. I gave my daughter a calendar with Labradors on it (since we have 2). She thought she was getting a puppy for Christmas. I felt so terrible, I wanted to go out and get one. But I couldn’t get up because Jack was laying on me. Oh well- one baby at a time.
8. I am planning to read The Beautiful and the Damned as part of Jazz Age January hosted by Leah at Books Speak Volumes. I am very excited- I think this might be one of the few by Fitzgerald that I haven’t read yet.
9. The best part of winter is being able to put your pj’s on early, curl up under a blanket, and read all night. I just described my plans for the next month.
10. I am excited to read a few books over the next month or so- Saving Grace by Jane Green, All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, and Gray Mountain by John Grisham.
Strange group, I know. But I put in requests for them at the library. I will probably wait a good while. Good thing I have so many books already to hold my interest!