Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
( a week late)
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I think it is a proven corollary that the more I read, the less I post. I am so sorry! Between the holidays and all the reading I am doing, the post has fallen to the bottom.
2. Speaking of holidays, my turkey ROCKED! It was so awesome, and everything went so nicely-except everyone was late due to crazy traffic because of all the snow we got. I even went temporarily insane and said I would host next year.
3. Fast forward to Monday, and BAM! my back goes out. Three days later as I walk out of the Dr.’s office with some nice muscle relaxants, he tells me it’s probably from all the lifting from hosting Thanksgiving. Ha! I have a Dr’s note to excuse me now!
4. I read Revival, King’s latest. I loved it, but it definitely left me feeling very down. And a little creeped out.
5. We booked a trip to Lake Placid to ski this month and we are all so excited! Lake Placid is one of my absolute favorite places.
6. My teenagers are the worst to buy Christmas presents for. “What do you want?” Them- “I don’t know.” Argh! How about some Legos and an American Girl Doll??? No, its- Taylor Swift tickets and a PS 4. Right.
7. My daughter is away with her school to participate in the Model Congress at Yale this weekend. I cried for almost 15 minutes after I dropped her off. Yes, I was the crazy lady crying in the car next to you.
8. I am so close to my goodreads 100 books in a year challenge. I need some great recommendations for quick reads. I am determined to complete it this year. Last year, I read 99. Damn.
9. I also need to jam the reading in while trying to get ready for Christmas in a condensed timeframe due to above mentioned trip and back issues. Can I give everyone a coupon for a hug??
10. We got our Christmas tree this past Saturday from the tree farm we have been going to for 20 years. I love holiday traditions.
So-any recommendations? Books? Gifts for teen boys and girls?