Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I went to a new book club this week (more about it tomorrow). A teacher at the kids’ school was the guest speaker. I want her to choose ALL the books I read.
2. I drove my kids (16 and 14) to school-20 miles away. It wasn’t until about 10 minutes into the ride, me chatting away, that I realized they both had their headphones one. Teenagers suck.
3. After the headphone incident, I decide to try my very first audio book on these car rides. I went to the library and took out Burial Rites, which sounded like a good book, that I just haven’t been able to push myself to read.
I LOVE IT! It is so well read.
Can anyone recommend another audio book?
4. I am landing a baby shower for my husband’s sister. Do not ask why. One thought- baby shower games can border on moronic. Plus we are having a co-ed shower. These men are going to run for the hills if I don’t reign this in. We will have a baby pool- that’s it.
5. Not book related- but I think I am becoming Gluten intolerant. One cracker and I am in agony. Or someone is slowly poisoning me.
6. Halloween is not fun without little kids. And I can’t seem to find a good costume for 80 lbs chocolate Lab that he will keep on.
I wish I could do this-
7. I read the sequel to The Bone Season called The Mime Order last week. I don’t know why, but I love both of these books. They are confusing, strange, and I am not sure I am understanding everything. I still love it.
Well, I need to walk above mentioned Lab, and mail invites for above mentioned shower, and figure out dinner for above mentioned sucky teenagers.