Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I just ordered a bathing suit online, because I prefer to suffer in the privacy of my own home when I try it on, rather than in a store, with awful lighting and god knows what on the dressing room floor. I didn’t pay for shipping, so I will only have to pay once when I inevitably return it.
2. In order to fit in said bathing suit, I have upped my running. I ran 5 miles yesterday- then I was totally done for the day. I didn’t even have energy to read. There has to be a better way.
Speaking of which- any recommendations for good music to run to? I am getting bored of my playlist, which makes the running harder.
3. The appearance of the blogged has changed-hopefully for the good. I was in that place where I needed a change, and it was the appearance here, or cutting my hair. Every time I think of cutting my hair, I remember that line from Little Women, after Jo cuts her hair to raise the money so Marmie can go visit their father-
“Jo, your one beauty”
That Amy was a bitch.
4. Speaking of hair, I am not sure if I have found my first grey hair or not. It’s either there, or my eyesight has gotten worse. Either way, I don’t want to know.
5. I think I might try writing mini reviews for the books I read for fun, you know- light reading?
6. Took my daughter to a sort of pre-orientation to her high school and they talked a lot about the dress code. Instead of freaking out, she was happy about all the shopping she is looking forward to.
7. Kind of bummed I will not make it to BookCon after all. Son has plans that will take him all around that day and he doesn’t feel like walking.
8. I started playing a stupid game that down loaded to my phone when my son got it for his, called 2048. Have you ever played this?? I am totally addicted. I might need an intervention8
9. Why Books Stink- a GIF. This is hysterical!
10. I guess this was mostly “Not So Bookish” today. So what going on with you? Bookish or not.