Bookish & Not So Bookish Thoughts
is a weekly meme hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Head over there and check it out!
1. I kind of feel like a fraud writing this post, as I do not feel like I have a thought in my head today.
2. I am in the middle of Schindler’s List. Have any of you read this? It is a tough read, to be sure, but I actually had a hard time getting into it at first. It felt more like a documentary than a novel. I am loving it now, though.
3. Hubby and I have been trying to have the teens watch some good movies-like Schindler’s List. So far we have kept it light- like The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (love John Hughes), but last week we watched 12 Years A Slave-very heavy.
Any suggestions of good (even old) movies for 14 and 16 yr olds?
4. Happy Mother’s Day to all you mamas out there! Hope you have something awesome planned- at least tell me you will sleep in! Going to see my mom on Sunday, but we are planning to do something with just our family on Saturday. If the weather holds, we are going into the city- kids have never been to Central Park. I am thinking- carousel, zoo, maybe the Guggenheim-then a nice dinner. And of course-Serendipity 3! Love that we are only about an hour away.
5. I have just spent the last 2 hours on this computer trying to get some posts written and scheduled. Now all I want to do is go finish my damn book!
6. My son took his first AP test yesterday, in Calculus. When he got home we had to scrap him off of the floor.
7. I have read 3 out of the 12 books I got at the library sale almost 2 weeks ago, and now I have to settle myself down to read some ARCs that have been sitting there making me feel guilty.
8. She Reads has announced their May book club selection- it is The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell. I am excited, and have it waiting for me on the iPad.