Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought is a weekly men hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Let’s give it a whirl!
1. I think I am a little too excited to see Catching Fire. I offered to take my daughter and all her friends, with the stipulation that I am staying to watch the movie with them-not cool when you are 13 years old.
2. Everyday my son comes home from school, gets a snack (usually what a normal person would consider a whole meal), and puts on Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmer. It is disgusting. How can anyone eat while watching that?? Maybe I should try to eat all my meals with that on in front of me- finally lose those last 5 lbs that have been clinging to me.
3. One year ago Sandy came barreling through here- and we STILL have huge portions of the gigantic trees that fell along the perimeter of the yard. I know hubby is busy, but a whole year??
4. I started reading The Shining this week. My very first King novel. WHY WHY WHY did I begin it a few days before Halloween??? I am the biggest wimp ever, so what the hell was I thinking? I keep the light on in the house- all of them, even the garage light. Don’t get me wrong- I am loving the book and will probably run out and get another of his- but it is freaking me out a bit. I won’t read it when I am alone in the house- the dogs are here, but I don’t think they would wake up if a dead lady from the bath tub comes to get me. They wont hear her over their own snoring.
5. I finally hit the 4 mile mark in my running (I am old and pathetic- just started running again after 30+ years of not). I celebrated with a $100,00 bar. Now I need to run 10 miles.
6. My daughter is so excited to finally have Halloween this year, as it has been cancelled the past two- Snowtober in 2011 and Sandy in 2012- and of course it is raining. Can’t catch a break. It’s not the same trick or treating with an umbrella.
7. I think I might finally take the plunge in the next few weeks and join The Classics Club. I have been thinking of doing it for a while and I think I need to just jump in.
8. I am a bad mother. My daughter was in the living room, studying on the computer while hubby and I watched the World Series. Just to screw with her, I put on A Nightmare on Elm Street (she is my daughter-a total wimp). She ran out of the room so fast, the chair she was sitting on went flying. I laughed. Bad mother.
I think this is supposed to be a list of 10- but that;s all I got. Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!!