Bookish & Not So Bookish Thought is a weekly men hosted by Christine over at Bookishly Boisterous, where we post things that are on our minds. Let’s give it a whirl!
1. I think I am a little too excited to see Catching Fire. I offered to take my daughter and all her friends, with the stipulation that I am staying to watch the movie with them-not cool when you are 13 years old.
2. Everyday my son comes home from school, gets a snack (usually what a normal person would consider a whole meal), and puts on Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmer. It is disgusting. How can anyone eat while watching that?? Maybe I should try to eat all my meals with that on in front of me- finally lose those last 5 lbs that have been clinging to me.
3. One year ago Sandy came barreling through here- and we STILL have huge portions of the gigantic trees that fell along the perimeter of the yard. I know hubby is busy, but a whole year??
4. I started reading The Shining this week. My very first King novel. WHY WHY WHY did I begin it a few days before Halloween??? I am the biggest wimp ever, so what the hell was I thinking? I keep the light on in the house- all of them, even the garage light. Don’t get me wrong- I am loving the book and will probably run out and get another of his- but it is freaking me out a bit. I won’t read it when I am alone in the house- the dogs are here, but I don’t think they would wake up if a dead lady from the bath tub comes to get me. They wont hear her over their own snoring.
5. I finally hit the 4 mile mark in my running (I am old and pathetic- just started running again after 30+ years of not). I celebrated with a $100,00 bar. Now I need to run 10 miles.
6. My daughter is so excited to finally have Halloween this year, as it has been cancelled the past two- Snowtober in 2011 and Sandy in 2012- and of course it is raining. Can’t catch a break. It’s not the same trick or treating with an umbrella.
7. I think I might finally take the plunge in the next few weeks and join The Classics Club. I have been thinking of doing it for a while and I think I need to just jump in.
8. I am a bad mother. My daughter was in the living room, studying on the computer while hubby and I watched the World Series. Just to screw with her, I put on A Nightmare on Elm Street (she is my daughter-a total wimp). She ran out of the room so fast, the chair she was sitting on went flying. I laughed. Bad mother.
I think this is supposed to be a list of 10- but that;s all I got. Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!!
Awesome post, had me chuckling through the whole thing :)I agree about the bizarre food,,ew. Happy Halloween!!
Happy Halloween! I loved this post. Hopefully the rain clears up soon for the trick or treaters.
I hope you enjoy The Shining, it’s scary in parts, but I think it’s one of King’s best.
It is hard to believe Sandy was one year ago.
Also, congrats on the running 🙂
Thanks- finished the book yesterday- very apropos for Halloween! It was great!
I STILL have nightmares about Nightmare on Elm Street (and I saw it in the 80s!).
I only put it on as a joke- I would never watch it-hate scary movies!
Hope you had a fun Hallowe’en!
The Classic Clubs sound like fun, I love reading classic lit 🙂
Hee! The Shining scared the crap out of me, too. Big time.
Congrats on meeting your latest running goal!
Loved the post! Stephen King is too scary for me; I don’t even try anymore. Hope you had a happy Halloween despite the rain!
Thanks- this was my first King, and while it scared me, I really loved the writing. I might go to the library tomorrow and see if they have The Stand-gulp!
This post was hilarious! And I’m also soooo excited for Catching Fire! If I’m not mistaken, it comes out on my b-day, too! I am going to reread the book, though before seeing it!
Thanks- I love the trailers that have been on tv!
I have The Shining on my kindle, but I’m such a big chicken. I’m too scared to start reading it and now I might not ever…
Thanks for sharing this on my Spread the Love Linky Party. BTW how had I not liked you on FB????? That situation is remedied now! 🙂
Thanks- I love the Linky party- when do you usually put it up- Sunday or Monday?
Sunday. I try to put it up right at midnight!
1. AHHHH! You changed your blog theme- I LOVE!
2. And OMG how ready I am for Catching Fire! I’ll be going to see it asap! Then seeing it again with my childhood best friend the week after Thanksgiving. And probably seeing it one more time. #notevenshamefaced
Thank you- needed something different. I can NOT ait for Catching Fire!
It looks great! And OMG Catching Fire. I just can’t wait. Too bad we don’t live near each other (we could totally fan-girl!)
I wish we could- I know those girls aren/t going to want to site with me- it’s like middle school all over again 😦
😦 😦 I know! I’m going by myself the first time- & just want to drink my strawberry slush and eat popcorn in peace while I sit back & enjoy this cinematic adventure!