Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & the Bookish. It’s awesome. Every Tuesday, the lovely ladies over there give us book bloggers wonderful and fun topics to create our lists! Check out what others have posted by going over there! http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com
This week’s topic is-
Top Ten Names I Love or That are Unusual
1. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird-
This name has come to mean ethical, which is perfectly Atticu Finch!
2. (Katie) Scarlett O’Hara from Gone With the Wind
Most people do not know that Scarlet is the lass’s middle name- the Irish lovely was named Katie by her Da. The book originally had her named Pansy-um, NO!
3. a tie-
Katniss Everdeen and Haymitch Abernathy from The Hunger Games
I love these names- both old-fashioned, yet strange and strong.
4. Sirius Black from Harry Potter
When we first meet Sirius, he is the ultimate villain, but he is really an AWESOME guy!
5. Lisbeth Salander from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
I loved these books- she was a kick ass heroine. But when I watched the movies in Swedish, I loved how they pronounced her name- with the accent on the second part of the last name.
6. Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
What a great name- Capote gave her the name Connie Gustafson in early drafts- not cool.
7. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore from Harry Potter
8. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
When I first read this, I pronounced it totally wrong in my head- up until she tells Viktor Krum how to pronounce it in the 4th book, I still had it wrong. I love this name- Rowling originally had her as Puckle- is that even a name? of was she from The Hunger Games?
9. Gandalf the Grey from The Lord of the Rings
Great name for a great character- in my mind, only the great Ian McCellan could have portrayed him!
10. Huckleberry Finn form The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
A huckleberry is perfect- exactly what you need.
What names do you love?
Please leave a comment- I love hearing from you!!