Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & the Bookish. It’s awesome. Every Tuesday, the lovely ladies over there give us book bloggers wonderful and fun topics to create our lists! Check out what others have posted by going over there! http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com
This weeks topic is-
TOP TEN BOOKS DEALING WITH TOUGH SUBJECT
1. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
If you lost someone close to you, Didion description of dealing with grief is dead on.
2. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wall
3. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
4. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane
Lehane is amazing-couldn’t put it down.
5. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Not graphic-thank god- but sometimes that can be even harder.
6. Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
I can’t not help but imagine the small closet whenever I think of this book.
7. The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Very hard- abuse, rape.
8. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Anything with dogs getting older, etc-makes me cry.
9. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
10. The Lost Dogs- Michael Vick’s Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption by Jim Gorant